|TARGET:||Precious metal (gold-silver) shear-hosted and dilational veins, intrusion related|
|INFRASTRUCTURE:||New electrical transmission line across property and paved Stewart Highway.|
- Highly prospective property in the area of the Portland Canal shear zone
- Located between the historic, past producing mines of Dunwell (Lower Bear River valley) and Silbak Premier (Salmon River valley)
- Features the metallogenic Texas Creek Plutonic Suite
- Historic subeconomic placer gold
- Three unexplored geophysical anomalies in bedrock beneath the Bear River gravels
AUX's Lower Bear Project extends 12 km from Stewart up the Bear Valley, within 3 km of the Premier Mine. Included is AUX's 100%-owned Lower Bear tenures and the Bay Silver property optioned from Tudor Resources Corp. and Silver Grail Resources Ltd. (see news release August 27th, 2018). The Dunwell Mine, to the immediate east of the Lower Bear property, was third only to the Silbak Premier and Porter Idaho mines in silver production during its mine life.
The Premier Mine, the abundance of Crown Granted mineral claims and numerous workings over the course of nearly 120 years amply demonstrate the valley’s potential. Early explorers were hindered by gravel cover in the valley and by the steep, heavily forested cliffs on either side. As consolidation of mineral rights continues and modern exploration tools are employed to see through the problems of terrain and surficial material, realization of the enormous potential of the Lower Bear area will accelerate.